About the Town Clerk
"The Clerk's office is committed to serving the community and the residents of Malta with pride"
The Town Clerk's office is considered the hub of the municipality, providing many services to assist the public. The Town Clerk's office provides Public Notary Services, Disabled Parking Permits, Vendor Permits, Voter Registration Information, N.Y.S required dog licensing, hunting and fishing licenses, Certificates of Residency and even offers Town Clerk By Appointment for those residents who need services outside of regular business hours.
Summer Hours 8 AM- 4 PM (July & August)
Hours Monday-Friday 8 AM- 5 PM
Town Clerk Jennifer Holmes
Deputy Town Clerk Glenda DeVore
Deputy Town Clerk Ashley Ostrander
Please note: Marriage Licenses are issued each day from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm, or by appointment. Please Call 518-899-2552 for appointments.
Please note: The Town Clerk's office accepts cash or check only for all transactions. Please make checks payable to Town of Malta, 2540 Route 9, Malta NY 12020.
About the Office
The Town of Malta has an elected Town Clerk who is elected by the public, every two years. The Town Clerk is responsible for presiding at Town Board meetings and keeping the official records of the Town. The Town Clerk, also appointed as the Records Management Officer is also responsible for the records as well as archiving all records of the Town.
Town Clerk's Office provides:
- Preparation of minutes for Town Board Meetings
- Legal Notices: public hearings, notices of adoption of new local laws
- General, primary, and special elections
- Freedom of Information requests
- Issuance of disabled parking permits
- Issuance of Marriage Certificates and Certificate Copies
- Issuance of Birth Certificates
- Offer Notary Services - During business hours, appointments required after 3 pm
- Maintenance of Town Records
- Dog Licensing
- Hunting and Fishing Licenses
- Vendor Permit Application
- Certificates Of Residency, Eligibility & Requirements
- Traffic/Local Roadway Investigation Request
- Application for Veterans Memorial Bricks