About the Town Clerk
The Town Clerk's office is considered the hub of the municipality, providing many services to assist the public. The Town Clerk's office provides 2 Public Notaries, Handicap Car Registrations, Vendor Permits, Voter Registration Information, Liquor Licenses and even offers Town Clerk By Appointment for those residents who need services outside of regular business hours.
Please note: Marriage Licenses are issued each day from 8:00am to 4:00pm, or by appointment.
If you would like to make an appointment with the Town Clerk, please call 899-2552
Town Clerk: Patty Ruggles
Deputy Town Clerk (Full-time) - Jennifer Holmes
Deputy Town Clerk (Part-time) - Jennifer W. Lanahan
About the Office
The Town of Malta has an elected Town Clerk who is elected by the public, every two years. The Town Clerk is responsible for presiding at Town Board meetings and keeping the official records of the Town. The Town Clerk is also responsible for the records and archiving all records of the Town.
Town Clerk's Office provides:
- Preparation of minutes for Town Board Meetings
- Legal Notices: Bids, public hearings, notices of adoption of new local coded and/or laws
- General, primary, and special elections
- Freedom of Information requests
- Issuance of handicapped parking permits
- Issuance of Certificates of Residency
- Issuance of Marriage Certificates and Certificate Copies
- Sale of Zoning, Subdivision, and code books and Master Plans
- Offer Notary Services
- Issuance of Death Certificates and burial permits
- Maintenance of Town Records
- Dog Licensing
- Hunting and Fishing Licenses
- Vendor Permit Application