Town Justice Court
Court Dates & Times
If you received a Vehicle and Traffic Law violation, you may enter your plea of guilty or not guilty on the ticket and mail it directly to the Court. You will receive follow up correspondence from the Court with information based upon your plea. If you were advised to appear in Court for a calendar date, please contact the Court at (518) 899-6121 for additional information.
The Malta Town Court handles criminal matters, vehicle and traffic violations, small claims (up to $3,000), civil matters, eviction proceedings, and Town ordinance / zoning matters.
- First appearance Traffic - second + fourth Thursday @ 11:00AM
- Criminal and DWI: Second and fourth Thursday of the month at 9:00AM
- Pretrial Conferences: Second Thursday of month at 1:00PM
- Civil Matters: Fourth Thursday of the month (Must Be Scheduled by the Court)
- First appearances first + third Thursday @ 11:00AM
- Criminal Court + DWI: First and third Thursday of the month at 9:00AM
- Pretrial Conferences: Third Thursday of the month at 1:00PM
- Civil Matters: First Thursday of every month at 1:00PM(Must Be Scheduled by the Court)
How to pay a fine;
- Fines may be paid with cash, credit cards, money orders, certified bank checks, or attorney checks (made payable to Malta Town Court). Personal checks are NOT accepted.
- A service fee is added to all credit card payments. Please note that neither the court nor the municipality receives any portion of the service fee.
- Credit cards (Visa or Mastercard) may be used in person.(Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover) may be used online at Allpaid.com (the court does not accept credit card payments by phone). .
- You must know the name of the Judge who was assigned to your case, the amount due and your case number/ticket number. Please call the Court Clerk if you do not know this information
- To pay a fine under Judge Sloat, use pay Location Code #7730
- To pay a fine under Judge Fauci, use pay Location Code #7731