The Malta Planning Board is a seven-member citizen board appointed by the Town Board with seven-year staggered terms.
The Town Board gives the Planning Board the following independent authorities to review development activities within the Town:
- Site Plan Review: The Planning Board has jurisdiction over the development of most new multi-family, commercial, institutional, and industrial projects. Site plan review covers such items as parking, landscaping, lighting, drainage, etc.
- Special Use Permits: The Planning Board has approval to allow certain types of land uses to be established within existing zoning districts provided special standards and conditions / criteria are met.
- Subdivision Review: The creation of any new lot or lot-line adjustment(R-4/R-6) within the Town requires an approval from the Planning Board.
Applications to the Planning Board are available on line or in the Building and Planning Department.
* Please note that application submission deadlines fall on a Friday.
|Submission DEADLINE||Meeting Date|
|November 18, 2022||December 20, 2022|
|December 16, 2022||January 24, 2023|
|January 27, 2023||February 28, 2023|
|February 24. 2023||March 28, 2023|
|March 24, 2023||April 25, 2023|
|April 28, 2023||May 24, 2023|
|May 26, 2023||June 27, 2023|
|June 23, 2023||July 25, 2023|
|July 28, 2023||August 22, 2023|
|August 25, 2023||September 26, 2023|
|September 22, 2023||October 24, 2023|
|October 27, 2023||November 21, 2023|
|November 17, 2023||December 19, 2023|
|December 15, 2023||January 23, 2024|
|January 26, 2024||February 27, 2024|
* All deadlines and meeting dates are subject to change