Emergency Management Overview
The mission of the Emergency Management Committee is to assist in preventing, mitigating, responding to and recovering from emergencies and disasters.
Dealing with disasters and potential hazards is an ongoing and complex undertaking. Through implementation of risk reduction measures before a disaster or emergency occurs, timely and effective response during an actual occurrence, and provision for both short and long term recovery assistance after the occurrence of the disaster, lives can be saved and property damage minimized.
Community involvement, public education and public awareness are critical components of Malta’s emergency management and planning. Malta’s Emergency Management Committee provides a mechanism for community involvement.
- Charles Weintraub, Chairperson
- Matt McLoughlin, Emergency Management Coordinator
- Kristan Gottmann, Parks, Recreation & Human Services
- Roger Crandall, Highway Superintendent
- Frank Mazza, Fire Chief-Round Lake Hose Co.
- Peter Shaw, Fire Chief-Malta Ridge Fire Dept.
- Patrick Maswich, Saratoga County Sheriff's Dept.
- Andrew Werner, NYS Police
- John Blaum
- Helen Endres
- Rick Jennings
- Peter Klotz
- Art Lyons
- Arlene Schmidt