- Building, Planning & Zoning
- Stormwater Management
- Construction Activities
Stormwater Management Construction Activities
|Program Overview|| Construction Activities
|| Permit Requirements
|| Community Involvement
Construction activities are regulated by the Town of Malta through the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation SPDES General Permit for Stormwater Discharges from Construction Activity as well as a Town Soil Disturbance Permit. Activities that may require one or both of these permits include:
1. Construction activities involving soil disturbances of one (1) or more acres; including disturbances of less than one acre that are part of a larger common plan of development or sale that will ultimately disturb one or more acres of land; excluding routine maintenance activity that is performed to maintain the original line and grade, hydraulic capacity or original purpose of a facility;
2. Construction activities involving soil disturbances of less than one (1) acre where the Town’s Stormwater Management Officer has determined that the land development activity is in close proximity to, or presents a threat to, a surface water, wetland, or stormwater conveyance or treatment area.
For a full list of exemptions, see Town Code §136-5.
- Some agricultural activity, see code to verify.
- Some forestry management activity, see code to verify.
- Cemetery graves.
- Routine maintenance activities that disturb fewer than five acres and are performed to maintain the original line and grade, hydraulic capacity or original purpose of a facility.
- Repairs to any stormwater management practice or facility deemed necessary by the Stormwater Management Officer.
- Installation of posts or poles (for fences, signs, telephone and electric poles, etc.)
- Home gardening and landscaping in connection with an existing structure (such as a house).
Contact the Stormwater Management Officer.