Zoning Board of Appeals
The Malta Zoning Board of Appeal (ZBA) is a seven member citizen board appointed by the Town Board with five-year staggered terms. State regulations require a community to have a Zoning Board of Appeals to review the following types of requests for waivers from any of the regulations in the zoning ordinances:
- Area Variances: the ZBA reviews requests for dimensional relief from existing regulation
- relating to building setbacks, building heights, etc.
- Interpretations: the ZBA reviews requests for interpretation of the regulations in the zoning ordinance made by the Town's Zoning / Code Enforcement Officer.
- Use Variances: the ZBA reviews requests for relief from existing regulation for changes in density and uses not permitted by current zoning.
Applications to the Zoning Board of Appeals are available on line or in the Town's Building & Planning Department. For additional information contact David Jaeger, Jr., ZBA Secretary, at 518-899-2685.
2023 ZBA Meeting Schedule
|Deadline for Submissions||Meeting Date|
|November 18, 2022||January 4, 2023|
|December 16, 2022||February 7, 2023|
|January 27, 2023||March 7, 2023|
|February 24, 2023||April 4, 2023|
|March 24, 2023||May 2, 2023|
|April 28, 2023||June 6, 2023|
|May 26, 2023||July 5, 2023|
|June 23, 2023||August 1, 2023|
|July 28, 2023||September 6, 2023|
|August 25, 2023||October 3, 2023|
|September 22, 2023||November 8, 2023|
|October 27, 2023||December 5, 2023|
|November 17, 2023||January 3, 2024|
|December 15, 2023||February 6, 2024|
|January 26, 2024||March 5, 2024|
* All deadlines and meeting dates are subject to change